Many Indian tribes and nations face efforts by state and local governments to impose taxes on Indian country in violation of tribal self-determination rights and federal law. In this complex area of the law, we advise tribal clients on the respective taxation powers of tribes, states, localities, and the federal government, as well as strategies for structuring operations to avoid undue taxations by outside entities.
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- 2021 Summer Associate Position
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Janet Bill
- Berkey Williams LLP 2021-2022 Indian Law Fellowship Program Announcement and Application Information
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)