Many Indian tribes and nations face efforts by state and local governments to impose taxes on Indian country in violation of tribal self-determination rights and federal law. In this complex area of the law, we advise tribal clients on the respective taxation powers of tribes, states, localities, and the federal government, as well as strategies for structuring operations to avoid undue taxations by outside entities.
- Associate Aviva Simon Pens Letter to Editor about Contemporary California Tribal Governments
- Of Counsel Janet Bill Elected to the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians Tribal Council
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Vincent P. Redhouse
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)