The firm works with tribes, tribal consortia, and tribal agencies to establish and operate tribally-controlled, on- and off-reservation health programs. The firm assists in annual negotiations for funding tribal health programs and in establishing Title V compacts between the federal government and tribal health programs. When necessary, we litigate on behalf of our tribal clients to protect tribal health programs from attacks on funding, operations (including employment litigation), and sovereignty. The firm’s goal in the field of Indian health care is to assist tribes and tribal agencies in their efforts to provide high quality, culturally appropriate health care to their tribal members and communities.
- KRRC Newsletter regarding Klamath Dam Removal
- Berkey Williams LLP Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Siena Kalina
- Berkey Williams LLP Welcomes Senior Associate Michele Fahley
- Curtis Berkey, Erica Costa and Aviva Simon author “Revitalizing Stewardship and Use of Tribal Traditional Properties: Options for Improving California Policy and Law in State-Managed Lands and Waters.”
- Onondaga Nation Prevails in Inter-American Commission on Human Rights Proceeding; Secures Admissibility Decision on Land Rights Petition