The firm works with tribes, tribal consortia, and tribal agencies to establish and operate tribally-controlled, on- and off-reservation health programs. The firm assists in annual negotiations for funding tribal health programs and in establishing Title V compacts between the federal government and tribal health programs. When necessary, we litigate on behalf of our tribal clients to protect tribal health programs from attacks on funding, operations (including employment litigation), and sovereignty. The firm’s goal in the field of Indian health care is to assist tribes and tribal agencies in their efforts to provide high quality, culturally appropriate health care to their tribal members and communities.
- Associate Aviva Simon Pens Letter to Editor about Contemporary California Tribal Governments
- Of Counsel Janet Bill Elected to the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians Tribal Council
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Vincent P. Redhouse
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)