The firm works with tribes, tribal consortia, and tribal agencies to establish and operate tribally-controlled, on- and off-reservation health programs. The firm assists in annual negotiations for funding tribal health programs and in establishing Title V compacts between the federal government and tribal health programs. When necessary, we litigate on behalf of our tribal clients to protect tribal health programs from attacks on funding, operations (including employment litigation), and sovereignty. The firm’s goal in the field of Indian health care is to assist tribes and tribal agencies in their efforts to provide high quality, culturally appropriate health care to their tribal members and communities.
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- 2021 Summer Associate Position
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Janet Bill
- Berkey Williams LLP 2021-2022 Indian Law Fellowship Program Announcement and Application Information
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)