The firm assists tribal governments and entities with broad strategic planning, as well as contract negotiation and drafting, advising on the legal structure of tribal entities, addressing the scope and application of Indian law tax immunities, advising on the extent that employment and other federal laws may apply to tribes and tribal entities, assisting with land issues including zoning matters, and helping clients with employment matters.
- KRRC Newsletter regarding Klamath Dam Removal
- Berkey Williams LLP Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Siena Kalina
- Berkey Williams LLP Welcomes Senior Associate Michele Fahley
- Curtis Berkey, Erica Costa and Aviva Simon author “Revitalizing Stewardship and Use of Tribal Traditional Properties: Options for Improving California Policy and Law in State-Managed Lands and Waters.”
- Onondaga Nation Prevails in Inter-American Commission on Human Rights Proceeding; Secures Admissibility Decision on Land Rights Petition