The firm advocates aggressively for our tribal clients’ rights under federal and state environmental statutes. We assist tribes in preparing and pursuing Treatment as a State Status under the Clean Water Act, solid and hazardous waste disposal, and underground fuel storage tanks, among others. We also assist tribes in using federal environmental statutes, such as the National Environmental Policy Act and the California Environmental Quality Act to defeat or limit development projects that threaten tribal culture and resources.
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- 2021 Summer Associate Position
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Janet Bill
- Berkey Williams LLP 2021-2022 Indian Law Fellowship Program Announcement and Application Information
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)