The firm advocates aggressively for our tribal clients’ rights under federal and state environmental statutes. We assist tribes in preparing and pursuing Treatment as a State Status under the Clean Water Act, solid and hazardous waste disposal, and underground fuel storage tanks, among others. We also assist tribes in using federal environmental statutes, such as the National Environmental Policy Act and the California Environmental Quality Act to defeat or limit development projects that threaten tribal culture and resources.
- Associate Aviva Simon Pens Letter to Editor about Contemporary California Tribal Governments
- Of Counsel Janet Bill Elected to the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians Tribal Council
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Vincent P. Redhouse
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)