The firm advocates aggressively for our tribal clients’ rights under federal and state environmental statutes. We assist tribes in preparing and pursuing Treatment as a State Status under the Clean Water Act, solid and hazardous waste disposal, and underground fuel storage tanks, among others. We also assist tribes in using federal environmental statutes, such as the National Environmental Policy Act and the California Environmental Quality Act to defeat or limit development projects that threaten tribal culture and resources.
- KRRC Newsletter regarding Klamath Dam Removal
- Berkey Williams LLP Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Siena Kalina
- Berkey Williams LLP Welcomes Senior Associate Michele Fahley
- Curtis Berkey, Erica Costa and Aviva Simon author “Revitalizing Stewardship and Use of Tribal Traditional Properties: Options for Improving California Policy and Law in State-Managed Lands and Waters.”
- Onondaga Nation Prevails in Inter-American Commission on Human Rights Proceeding; Secures Admissibility Decision on Land Rights Petition