Berkey Williams LLP is delighted to announce that Janet Bill has been elected to serve on the Tribal Council of the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians. Council Member Bill was formally sworn in to tribal office on October 25, 2021. Ms. Bill served as the Firm’s 2020-2021 Indian Law Fellow, which is dedicated to supporting the Indian law leaders of the future. Ms. Bill transitioned to an Of Counsel position with Berkey Williams at the conclusion of her Indian law fellowship, focusing on Indian Child Welfare Act (“ICWA”), Indian health, and Tribal TANF matters. We congratulate Council Member Bill in her new role as an elected Tribal leader.
- Of Counsel Janet Bill Elected to the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians Tribal Council
- Berkey Williams Welcomes Indian Law Fellow Vincent P. Redhouse
- Firm Partners Scott Williams and Curtis Berkey and Associate Aviva Simon Contribute to Tenth Circuit Win for Pueblo Aboriginal Water Rights
- Associate Erica Costa elected to the Board of Directors of the California Indian Law Association (CILA)
- Partner Rovianne Leigh presents at the 2018 California Land and Water Conservation Conference